Tennis 101...Sharp Style!

The tennis lessons begin! Jackson decided about a week ago that he wanted to play tennis--I was so EXCITED! You see I played tennis in high school, a little in college and after college, actually until I was about 5 months pregnant with Jackson (the belly kinda got in the way)! My husband however has a different opinion of tennis--he really thinks that our boys should not play that it is baseball all the WAY! Well, as for now I will enjoy my time with the boys and tennis--so our lesson starts....
We first practice how to stand, hold the racket, etc. Then it is time to hit the ball...wow with a little assistance from mom to get the feel of a swing he hits it...
but into the net it goes. That's ok though--he was just so excited to hit the ball. Oh by the way they both looked adorable with their little itty bitty tennis rackets!
We try again..look at that follow through--mommy is so proud! This ball went over the net!!!! I think he is a natural!



Of course I could not leave out my little man--he did so well! He actually listened to mommy and did exactly what I said--WOW! Here he is hitting his first ball--check out his face, so excited!

And now the follow-through, what a WONDERFUL follow through!! Maybe I'm partial because it is my son, but to bad he's the next Pete Sampras/Andre Agassi of my days of watching tennis! We had so much fun playing tennis, I think we will definitely go back this week and try some more swings! Did I mention, I LOVE TENNIS!!!!!!!!! Oh one more thing, all of this wonderful instruction was complete in less than 30 minutes!!!!

1 comment:

Ann Booth said...

So cute! I remember those tennis days! We had a blast. I found pictures from tennis camp the other day, it was lots of fun except for the suicides in the summer heat.